Salmon is for desire

I want to put something witty and funny here, but I'm still reeling over the fact that our main character's fiancee left him for his great uncle. Like, this presumably desert creature, left a frog, for a prehistoric fish. Or maybe I'm just running on questionable amounts of sleep and it all makes perfect sense. Who knows? Not me.


Right of the bat it was rather evident that the Aquatic Uncle would focus on generational gaps between traditional and seemingly more progressive generations with the story being an allegory for the seemingly constant divide between the old and the new. I'm like crazy tired, so I was really following this story up until the point where I wasn't. It seems like the frog was happy living a progressive life, and he figured his fiancee, so far the epitome of evolution in this story, would be the same. Then she meets the great uncle and seems to actually enjoy talking and arguing with him on certain points.


And then she progressively starts spending less time with her fiance and more time with his great uncle, learning to swim and basking in aquatic life. As if doing a 180, she decides she wants the stationary and traditional life of a fish, leaving her frog fiance and promising to marry his great uncle instead, after which our frog never sees her again. Although personally I don't think I'd be able to move on after that, and that's not even going into the trust issues.


So our froggy narrator proceeds to tell us how he's happy to be an amphibian compared to the strictly aquatic fish or the strictly land based animals. He's neither completely stuck in his ways but he's also not constantly trying to evolve like a good game of cubivore. Honestly a cubivore reference would of made a better title, whatever I guess, another time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ocean in Minnesota

Level 1 Monster Boyfriend: For Beginners

Cold Murder Hills